Dive Deep in the Caribbean: Creating a Personal Yoga Practice
with Heather Martin and Richmond Dickson
February 8 through February 15, 2020
Creating a personal practice is essential to maturing one’s skills as a yoga practitioner and it is a necessary part of the natural progression of Hatha Yoga. While persistence and devotion are required, one also needs a flexible, creative set of tools and a solid theoretical, understanding to meet one's changing needs from day-to-day and to realize the inner potentials of yoga.
Join us in Belize for a full week of study - including daily led asana practices and discussions and afternoon lectures, practices, and meditations - that will afford the student time and space to delve deeply into the practical, philosophical, and energetic basis of Hatha Yoga. Students will gain a deeper understanding of how to utilize the tools given throughout the week for personal growth and to begin to prepare the subtle body for the seated practices of Hatha Yoga. We will focus on foundational practices such as Kriyas, Bandhas, Ayurvedic self-care as well as stance work and asana-vinyasa to help overcome the physical and energetic obstructions of the body. These asnas-vinyasas will be introduced during the week and will deepen the purification of the subtle body, heal the organs of reproduction, digestion and elimination, and set the foundation for safely and effectively practicing beginning mudra, pranayama, and meditation.
Includes: 8 Days 7 Nights
• 7 night shared accommodations on a small exclusive private island
• Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (begins with dinner the night of arrival)
• All Transportation to and from Belize International Airport
• Unlimited use of Kayaks, paddle boards, marine facility
• Daily yoga and contemplative practices and discussions
• Guided snorkeling excursions
• Boat trip to Smithsonian Field Station
• All taxes (9% Hotel, 12.5% GST)
This retreat is open to all levels of students. To register, submit completed form and will be notified upon receipt.
Investment: One Time Payment of $1950.00 due September 1, 2019
Monthly auto-pay option: this option involves one down payment plus monthly payments. $500 initial deposit due by September 1, 2019. Then we will coordinate monthly payments at the beginning of each month ending by February 2020 for a total of $2150.
* Note: an additional 2.5% surcharge will be added to all credit card payments to help offset the cost of processing these payments. To avoid these charges you are welcome to pay with cash or check.
If you have any questions or are interested in attending both weeks please contact Heather@Tranquilsoulsyoga.com